Roasted Sweet Potatoes
When roasted sweet potatoes become one of the family's favourite side dishes, then you know they have to be good! Unlike the fried version, this tasty vegetable is super healthy, so easy to make, and extremely versatile. Make this recipe as a side dish, but if you make extra, you can toss them into a salad to enjoy on the following day.
- 3 - 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin optional
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Wash and peel the potatoes. If you prefer, keep the skins on.
Use a mandolin or a sharp knife to slice the potatoes about ¼” thick.
Place the slices in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat well.
Spread in a single layer over 2 nonstick backing sheets.
Place in oven. Roast for 15 minutes, then flip the slices over. Continue to roast another 15 minutes or until tender and lightly golden.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
- To save on a dirty dish, I toss the potato slices on the baking sheet. Then I spread them out.
- Try different spices or herbs to find your favourite combination.
- Instead of olive oil, try coconut oil, or even avocado oil.
- Instead of slices, try cutting the potatoes in cubes or fries. Adjust cooking times accordingly.