Best Ever Roasted Cauliflower
You have to love a vegetable that shines with the simplest of preparation! Even just salt and pepper transform this amazing vegetable into a hearty and elegant side. If you think you don't like cauliflower, then try this recipe and use your favourite herbs and spices.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
Preheat the oven to 425˚F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup, otherwise, use a nonstick baking sheet.
Wash the rosemary and pull off the needles and tear apart with fingers. Set aside.
Discard any leaves from the cauliflower. Rinse and trim off the stems. Slice the cauliflower into ¼” slices (steaks).
Spread the steaks flat in a single layer on a nonstick baking pan and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Toss to coat well. If little pieces of the cauliflower break off, just spread them out on the baking pan, away from the corners where they may burn.
Bake cauliflower for 20-25 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, turn the oven to broil and place the pan a few inches from the broiler. Broil until golden and caramelized. Serve hot or room temperature.
- If you prefer a more tender-crisp cauliflower, roast for less time. The longer the cauliflower roasts, the sweet it becomes.
- Try different fresh herbs like thyme or parsley.
- Use can substitute fresh herbs with dried.
- If you prefer, cut into florets.